Les Corson (social media tag PBorWall)
2. When did you first start running?
True story; Overweight, smoker. Came home from work and decided I’d lace up the shoes. Brisbane summer, ran 5k on hills and nearly died. loved it, did it again the following week!
3. What is the best part of running for you?
Fitness, mental head clearing, and meeting so many wonderful people.
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked? Always a watch, sometimes a phone (safety on long solo runs in
Always a watch, sometimes a phone (safety on long solo runs in the bush and for obligatory selfie), but never naked.
5. What can’t you run without?
6. What is your most memorable run?
I have a couple. You Yangs 30k 2014. First time I really nailed a course and recorded a time I was truly proud of. 2nd came a week later. Run Melbourne, pacing 2 friends to PB’s. Great to give something back to a sport when I have gained so much.
7.Have you ever run in a costume?
When haven’t I!! Usually parkrun, usually a birthday event, or as a pacer to “Stand out from the crowd”
8. What brand of shoes do you run in?
Whatever I feel comfortable in. I no longer religiously stick to a brand. I buy shoes based on heel drop, stability type, and fit and feel across the toes and around the heel. Too many runners stick with the same brand and model, even if it has changed and is no longer the right one for them.
9. Have you ever been injured?
This could be a long answer. Short answer, yes. Seriously, and not so seriously.
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather?
Cold, you can rug against the cold. Only so many layers you can peel off in hot weather before local decency laws kick in!
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night?
Trick question…. I often run at lunch times at work. The only chance I get mid week. Not really a morning person, but will if I need to.
12. What is your running motivation?
To better myself. Beat times, or run strongly on courses that have beaten me. Fitness, and social. Most of my friends are runners because they are the best.
13. Race I’d like to forget:
Dunno, forgotten it. Probably Melbourne Marathon 2013. Went in with high expectations, got burnt badly (physically and mentally)
14. Favourite post run food:
Not usually hungry, but a banana and a good strong coffee are always a staple. Beer is good too (for those races that finish afternoon or evening. Not a good look after parkrun.
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills?
Hills, give me hills. Brings everyone back to my level.
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners):
Any/or. I run solo or with a group for specific reasons. Solo for ‘me time’, and to clear my head. Group run for pushing me a bit harder, and the social aspect. Also, makes a run go faster.
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar?
You Yangs 30k, then Wonderland 36k in August, then Surf Coast Century 50k in September.
18. What’s your running dream?
Cradle Mountain run, 80k from Cradle Mountain to Lake St. Clair in Tasmania on The Overland Track.
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) :
Lay out the gear, check the gear, try not to panic that I might have forgotten something. And a glass of wine or 2 to sooth the nerves.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal?
Salmon, green vegetables or salad, and couscous. And a wine, or 2…
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time?
50k at Surf Coast Century last September.