1.Name: Jennifer Jarvis
2. When did you first start running? I participated in cross country running as a teenager but gave it away at about 17 years of age (running was not cool back then). Then, 30 years later, I did my first parkrun with Rose. That was 18 months ago and I’m enjoying it a lot more this time around.
3. What is the best part of running for you? The camaraderie with other runners.
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked? I bought a Garmin last year.
5. What can’t you run without? Company. Two legs or four… woof woof
6. What is your most memorable run? Winning the Under 16 Girls’ Cross Country in Griffith in 1984. As a schoolgirl with zero sporting prowess, it was such a buzz to receive my one and only trophy.
7. Have you ever run in a costume? Only the tutu for reaching 50 parkruns
8. What brand of shoes do you run in? Mizuno Enigma.
9. Have you ever been injured? Nothing too serious but lots of niggles. I have scoliosis (crooked back) which makes me susceptible to a lot of injuries from muscle imbalance. Currently trying to manage patella-femoral syndrome (knee).
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather? Like Goldilocks, not too hot and not too cold (but I try to go out in all weather).
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night? I am not a morning person at all so my family still can’t believe I get up for BBR.
12. What is your running motivation? Healthy mind and body and spending time with like-minded people.
13. Race I’d like to forget: I’ve only done two events so unfortunately, that race is yet to come.
14. Favourite post run food: Fruit, porridge or a large skinny latte.
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills? I like the challenge of hills but if I’m trying for a good time it has to be flat.
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners): I hate running by myself, I’m not one for “silent contemplation” (as most of my running companions know, I tend to think out loud!)
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar? Aiming for Devil’s Bend 10km.
18. What’s your running dream? To just keep going (preferably pain-free).
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) Take a sleeping tablet otherwise I lie awake all night.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal? Not fussy, I’ll eat anything.
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time? 16km. Hoping to do a half one day if the body holds together.