Carolyn Gilcrist, depends on how well you know me as to what other names you know me by
2. When did you first start running?
Before I got my licence and needed to get into town, so it was run or ride because mum and dad were always working
3. What is the best part of running for you?
Clearing my head and just having some ‘me’ time. Also seeing what I can do when I push myself (been awhile since I have done that tho).
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked?
A little from column A and a little from column B – Watch, phone and music sometimes and sometimes nothing at all
5. What can’t you run without?
6. What is your most memorable run?
If it was an event I would say 2bays 28km this year but if it was just a run definitely Mt Boronia (Grampians) over New Years 2016/2017. It poured rain to the point I couldn’t see the trail as it had turned into a running river, but there was something really enjoyable about running up there. Hope to do that again, but sometimes you can’t replicate those moments they just have to be remembered and enjoyed for what they were.
7. Have you ever run in a costume?
I look funny enough without one so nope but never say never – actually Santa fun run in Melb was done in a full Santa suit on more than one occasion so looks like I have..
8. What brand of shoes do you run in?
Kayanos are my go-to shoe, but I also have La Sportiva’s for the trails
9. Have you ever been injured?
Yep, stupid calves earlier this year but otherwise pretty good, so far…
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather?
I’m ok with anything really. rain, hail or shine … The only thing I don’t like is the wind, nothing good comes of thatDo you prefer running in the Morning or at night?
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night?
I’d say morning as I can get out while the house is asleep and then it’s a great way to start the day. I used to run at night but Joel didn’t love that due to the safety aspect and my ‘I’ll be fine, who would kidnap me’ attitude – not like me to stir the pot 🙂
12. What is your running motivation?
Seeing what I can do for myself – me vs me always (not that I’m competitive much). Also setting a good example for my kiddies who enjoy running with me when I return to the house so it seems to be working.
13. A race I’d like to forget:
Not forget but take on again next year – Wilsons Prom 44km. I wasn’t happy with this year due to cramping so I will return next year and do it all again.. for my own told you so moment.
14. Favourite post run food:
I don’t have a go-to food really, today was dumplings with mushrooms, chillies, Asian veg in a ginger and soy broth so I was pretty happy with that.
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills?
Either but I normally enjoy the hills for the challenge but I have walked one or two of them if I’m honest
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners):
I can do either, depends on my mood and what I’m looking to get out of it but I’ve come around to group/partner running.
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar?
Wonderland 36km trail run in the Grampians in August.
18. What’s your running dream?
I’ll have to get back to you once I know that answer
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) :
Lay my clothes out the night before and I double check I have everything the day prior to an event.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal?
I don’t mind a nice piece of marinated roo (sorry skip) with some veggies
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time?
44km to date but I plan on extending on that.