2. When did you first start running?
I represented my school in cross country during secondary college but was always a middle of the field contender. In 2010, my husband and l joined Step Into Life in Castle Hill, NSW and our then trainer, Joel Chant inspired us to compete in running events. Some great memories have been created with a wonderful bunch of life-long friends.
3. What is the best part of running for you?
The endorphins after – gets me through my day ?
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked?
Safety first so always with my phone.
5. What can’t you run without?
My flip belt and cap.
6. What is your most memorable run?
Canberra Marathon in 2014 – crossing the finish line to see my family and friends. I then travelled in a car for 7 hours to Victoria with my dog at my feet – not such a great idea!
7.Have you ever run in a costume?
Nope, but l might someday!
8. What brand of shoes do you run in?
9. Have you ever been injured?
Blisters are my nemesis – I’ve learnt the hard way that the right socks are a must. I only run in Balega Blister Resist Socks.
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather?
Definitely cold weather – less chance of blisters!
11. Do you prefer running in the morning or night?
Early in the morning while my family sleeps.
12. What is your running motivation?
Fitness and my time – I’m a much better Wife and Mum as a result!
13. Race I’d like to forget:
I always give a race my best shot on the day – no looking back just learning and improvement.
14. Favorite post run food:
Poached eggs on smashed avocado with multigrain sour dough toast and a cup of white English Breakfast tea.
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills?
I don’t mind mixing things up.
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners):
I love running with friends – l joined BawBaw Runners in January this year and have met some fantastic people who inspire me to keep training.
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar?
Sandy Point Half Marathon 27 August – http://events.solemotive.com/sandy-point-half-marathon-about/
Melbourne Marathon October – http://melbournemarathon.com.au/
18. What’s your running dream?
To run a Half Marathon sub 1hr 55 mins.
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of).
I lay out my running gear and my vitamins, Berocca and asthma inhaler ready for a quick and stealth like exit.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal?
Chicken & vegetable pasta followed by a cup of tea and a piece of dark chocolate.
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time?