2. When did you first start running?
When I was 7 or 8, I competed in regional cross country events. I was slow, but I loved it.
3. What is the best part of running for you?
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked?
5. What can’t you run without?
6. What is your most memorable run?
In recent times the most memorable run was the Australia Day jaunt with BBR – what a cracking way to clock up 21+ K’s
7.Have you ever run in a costume?
Clark Kent for Warragul Parkrun. Ran 24.30 My glasses fogged up and my suit was never the same
8. What brand of shoes do you run in?
At the moment I am alternating between a pair of Asics and a pair of Saucony. Both good.
9. Have you ever been injured?
Oh yes, but really I have been very fortunate over the years. I guess as you get older it is all about managing wear and tear on joints and tendons.
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather?
Only mad dogs and Englishmen run in the midday sun!
11. Do you prefer running in the morning or at night?
No preference, just happy to get out and about
12. What is your running motivation?
Fitness and the ability to keep consuming generous quantities of good cheese with a glass or two of red wine well into my middle age!
13. Race I’d like to forget:
Every run you do teaches you something – no regrets
14. Favorite post run food:
Eggs on toast! Saturday morning ritual along with parkrun.
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills?
I don’t mind as long as there is variety in the landscape
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners):
I really enjoy running with BBR
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar?
Walhalla Wound Up and Melbourne Marathon – will probably go for half marathon in both
18. What’s your running dream?
I would like to run a marathon one day
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) :
Good cheese and red wine (in moderation of course!)
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal?
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time?
I ran 26km as a teenager in an end of year school race.