2. When did you first start running?
I can remember the exact moment my sister in law mentioned over Christmas lunch that she’d like to do a fun run. I agreed and I began my training the next day in preparation for Run for the Kids 2010. I enjoyed running n the 14.4k and I haven’t looked back.
3. What is the best part of running for you?
Feeling energised and clearing the head. I run against myself to achieve better times. I love that every distance is a different challenge.
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked?
I bought a Garmin Forerunner last year. Love it!
5. What can’t you run without?
6. What is your most memorable run?
My first half marathon- running into the MCG. And my first trail run at TwoBays this year.
7. Have you ever run in a costume?
Only at Parkrun- they love an excuse to dress up. I ran 5k in a party dress to celebrate their 2nd birthday this year.
8. What brand of shoes do you run in?
I’ve tried a fair few but now stick to Asics Kayano. So comfortable!
9. Have you ever been injured?
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather?
Cold. I have learnt that cold mornings are only cold when you’re standing still.
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night?
I’ve changed my training in the last few years and now much prefer the morning.
12. What is your running motivation?
Um… I love cake! I also know that it’s my sporty thing to stay fit. So glad I put the time into running each week. I’ve made so many lovely friends.
13. The race you’d like to forget:
None yet. They all have their positives.
14. Favourite post run food:
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills?
Since training with the BBR, I embrace the hills and actually like the challenge to the top but I prefer the flat 🙂
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners):
All 3 really. I love running with the morning crew but also make time during the week to fit in a run. It’s good thinking time.
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar?
Run Melbourne 21k
18. What’s your running dream?
I think the Sydney Running Festival would be great but I’m open to suggestions.
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) :
Just make sure everything is organised the night before. I also like to go on the roller the morning of.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal?
Salmon and rice
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time?
28k – TwoBays 2017