1.Name: Ben Huggett
2. When did you first start running? About 2 years ago just along the beach every day in Inverloch, for fun, but once I joined #BawBawRunners back in Warragul I started more seriously looking at event Running.
3. What is the best part of running for you? The Endorphin High you get after you finish a solid run
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked? Garmin Watch
5. What can’t you run without? Sweating 😉
6. What is your most memorable run? Event – Puffing Billy 2017, my first event ….. Social – Running the Two-Town trail start to finish on about my 8th attempt.
7.Have you ever run in a costume? Not yet, but I’m open to suggestions.
8. What brand of shoes do you run in? Mizuno or New Balance …. but I wear Brooks at the gym.
9. Have you ever been injured? The ligaments in both ankles are about the extent of it, been pretty lucky…. touch wood.
10. Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather? Hot. not stinking hot but I love the sun, Not a cloud in the sky is the Best.
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night? Either. but I love how a Morning Run sets up the whole day.
12. What is your running motivation? Being forever Fitter… and keeping my puppy dog active, she goes All Day
13. Race I’d like to forget: None yet
14. Favourite post run food: COFFEE!!!!!
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills? Combinations are good, 70:30 flats to hills is ACES
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners): Always with company…. even if sometimes it’s just the 4-leggered variety.
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar? Run! Melbourne in the last week of July
18. What’s your running dream? To still be Eventing in 30 years (I’m 28 now)
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) : Not as yet, but I’m pretty superstitious so if something works once ill probs be hooked on it.
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal? Anything carbs, lots of water, and a Beer to help the nerves.
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time? 21km at Traralgon.