1. Name: Ash Buchanan
2. When did you first start running? About 3 years ago I started dabbling a little (hadn’t even run from dogs before that) but more seriously and consistently after moving back to Warragul at the end of 2015.
3. What is the best part of running for you? Getting it done and of course the great people I get to run with 🙂
4. Do you run with a watch, phone or naked? I have a Garmin Forerunner 225 (It’s like a 235 but easy to navigate for old people like me)
5. What can’t you run without? I could probably run without the watch, maybe, if I had to, everything else is meh
6. What is your most memorable run? My first event was the Geoff Watt Half, and I had a couple of awesome BBR’s supporting me big time, got a bit teary actually 🙂
7.Have you ever run in a costume? Actually yes, kind of, I had to dress up as one of the mascots for the bank I was working for, It was a big-headed cat thing, anyway, there was a treadmill out the front of the Fountain Lakes Branch and I decided to Jump on it and have a go…… Never again! lol
8. What brand of shoes do you run in? I’ve only really had two pairs that I can remember the brand of… the first was New Balance and the ones I’ve got now are Brooks. So Brooks….. for now.
9. Have you ever been injured? Bits and pieces, but nothing major so far, thankfully
10.Do you prefer running in Hot or cold weather? Cold but not freezing is ok, Hot is not cool!
11. Do you prefer running in the Morning or at night? I don’t mind a night run but my busy schedule only really allows for morning runs, most of the time.
12. What is your running motivation? The feeling of accomplishment, but mostly because I want to be able to keep up with my kids (at least at the moment)
13. Race I’d like to forget? Which race was that?
14. Favourite post run food? You know I’m going to say Hash Browns right?
15. Do you prefer running along the Flat or hills? What hills? Were there hills there? Let’s not talk about hills, please…. Let’s just run them
16. Do you prefer to run alone or with a partner or group (BawBawRunners): The group is good! Has Kept me going when I might not otherwise have kept going. Thanks, Everyone!
17. What’s the next event on you running calendar? Oh, I don’t really run events….but…. I’ll probably do the Geoff Watt again next, maybe
18. What’s your running dream? To keep running until I can’t. This year’s goal is 2000 km’s, that’s a bit of a dream at the moment lol
19. Do you have any Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of) I Just like to pack the gym bag and have my clothes out ready to go
20. What is your typical night before the big run meal? Haven’t got that down yet, ask me again in a year or ten
21. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time? 65k (and it’s on Strava so I know I wasn’t dreaming, oh and there was the pain that was pretty real)